Hi beautiful! I wanted to share some things that I have learnt throughout my journey that I wish someone had told me. I used to fall for all types of marketing and fad diets. I truly have tried it all. I tried being vegan, keto, paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, high carb low fat. I have tried intermittent fasting, not eating 2 hours before bed, eating 3 big meals per day, eating 6 small meals per day, green smoothies for breakfast. I seriously have jumped on every bandwagon ever. Below are 10 things that I wish I knew before I started my wellness journey:
1) Being "healthy" does not have to be expensive. Truly. Buying organic is financial privilege. Buying 'superfood' powders is not financially viable for some. There is no such thing as a superfood, by the way. Buy your fruit and vegetables seasonally (or frozen) and get staples like rice and oats in bulk!
2) Gym anxiety is sucky. But you can overcome it. Here are some ways to overcome gym anxiety: train with a friend, get a personal trainer who can show you how to use the equipment, go to the gym in the quieter times and watch YouTube videos explaining how to use the equipment.
3) Protein is important. As much as it is hyped up, making sure you get enough protein is actually very important.
4) So is water. Like really important.
5) You don't have to drink apple cider vinegar and green tea if you don't like them. They aren't *magic* fat strippers.
6) You don't have to eat clean 24/7 to see the results that you are after. Balance makes your wellness journey so much more enjoyable and a lifestyle rather than a fad diet.
7) The way you speak to yourself matters. If you tell yourself that you can't do something, you probably won't be able to.
8) There is no such thing as "kickstarting" your metabolism. And that lemon water and apple cider vinegar concoction that you drink every morning before breakfast definitely isn't kickstarting it!
9) Being fit does not equal being health. Read that again and again. You can be 'fit' but not healthy.
10) Sometimes your ideal weight and your happy weight are two very different weights and looks.